Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 172 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
DazedAlchemist, SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com
30726 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30725 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#10460 - 06/07/05 08:25 AM Re: Newbie questions
Brenda Offline
Master

I had that happen a few times too. I think it's just a little quirk of the game.

The "spare" baby usually disapears the moment you drag the mom somewhere, or when she begins a chore that involves picking up something, such as watering the crops, fishing, laundry, etc.

I like to think of it as she's like many real moms, and just doesn't want to "let go" of her baby, even when they've already left.

#10461 - 06/07/05 09:32 AM Re: Newbie questions
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
You're exactly right, Brenda. It is a small bug in the timing of when the "baby decal" is removed from the mom. The "real" baby has turned into a toddler and is probably off chasing butterflies or something!

#10462 - 06/07/05 03:51 PM Re: Newbie questions
simplerich Offline
Trainee

Loc: Des Moines, IA, USA
I've noticed the same thing with the lingering baby... I had a builder lady working away lugging a baby around with her. I think it's just a doll that she carries with her to avoid post-partum or something... that or it's a graphics glitch. *grin*

#10463 - 06/18/05 03:44 PM Re: Newbie questions
sktmm Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
The funniest thing I've seen is Mom going fishing with the babe in her arms. It looks like she is about to commit infanticide.

#10464 - 06/18/05 08:00 PM Re: Newbie questions
crivera Offline

I have 13 villagers 3 childern some how food always runs out and dont have enough tech points to get level 3 harvesting any ideas as to what I can do?

#10465 - 06/18/05 08:06 PM Re: Newbie questions
Unicorn

I don't usually have more than about ten or so villagers until I have level 3 of harvesting, because food becomes a problem - children eat as much as adults do. You've started to push the limits of how many villagers you can feed from the farm, so food will probably be a little tight at this point. The best thing to do is to keep as many villagers as possible at the research table until you can purchase level 3 of harvesting, and don't make any more baby villagers yet. Once your villagers can fish, food won't be a problem.

#10466 - 06/19/05 09:19 AM Re: Newbie questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oiy! What a game. My 3rd village -- I can't get anyone to breed, build or figure out what the plants, fields, rocks or other things on the island are.

Once question, must I wait for one village to "complete" her research before I drag another to the bench, or can two or more villages do "research" at the same time/

#10467 - 06/19/05 09:44 AM Upon gaining research points
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oiy! What a game. My 3rd village -- I can't get anyone to breed, build or figure out what the plants, fields, rocks or other things on the island are.

Once question, must I wait for one village to "complete" her research before I drag another to the bench, or can two or more villages do "research" at the same time?

(Apologies for the double post. I'm new at this as well!)

#10468 - 06/19/05 09:50 AM Re: Upon gaining research points
Unicorn

You can have as many villagers at the research table as you want. They all just squeeze in there together to get the work done!

The first things you need to focus on in the beginning are a stable food supply and research - especially harvesting, since the berries will be depleted at some point.

Once your food supply is at least 300-400, your villagers will not be as worried and will start doing some of those other things. They'll be more receptive to breeding after that, too!

#10469 - 06/19/05 10:08 AM Re: Upon gaining research points
Mensh Offline
Trainee

Loc: Tokyo
Thanks. I've got two harvesting the bush (to get the 400 FS points faster) and the other three are hanging out at the research table, gaining points, I guess. I had no idea that I needed so many points to do anything! My first game had the beach all neat and tidy, but no one knew how to fish; and the field nicely watered but nothing to grow. The all died, but they were prepared for a future that was not to be! Everyone died overnight in the second game, since I had no idea that I had to pause the game before I turned in for the night. Don't these villiagers ever sleep?

In game 3 the invisible monkey showed up at the research table and gave me some points -- maybe those villagers did not die in vain!

PS I registered as well.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter