Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 173 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com, CrazyMazie
30725 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30725 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 14 of 39 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 38 39 >
Topic Options
#100626 - 10/04/07 07:53 PM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: margisama]
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

I wouldn't recommend using mutation unless you have also upgrade your soil. You may end up with a plant that won't survive at all.

There are other common seeds that will help you get to a Fourpetal Maple through the store, including getting that plant itself.

Do you have other common seeds saved?

If you don't want for the next day's seeds supply, you may want to consider starting a new game in another slot and being more careful about saving your common seeds.

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#100634 - 10/04/07 08:05 PM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: sfrose]
margisama Offline

Oh...I have the Isola soil *and* Isola water. But mutation...I've never messed with that. I was hoping for a solution to get the citrus ball cactus (and eventually the fourpetal maple) the old-fashioned way by simple breeding.

common seeds I have:

citrus maranta
jalapa maranta
bluestar ball cactus
jalapa maple
fabled maranta
citrus astera
fragrant astera
jalapa astera
citrus reptans
fourpetal reptans
bluestar reptans
rosaceae grass

#100638 - 10/04/07 08:09 PM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: margisama]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
You won't be able to breed a Citrus Ball Cactus from the plants that you have. The only way to get one, without using Tier 4 plants, is to purchase it or mutate an existing plant to get it.

#100643 - 10/04/07 08:15 PM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: LadyCFII]
margisama Offline

well, those are the common seeds I have...by tier four plants do you mean the more expensive ones? (I have rosacea fern, venus gladiatus, arthurium ananas, mystic bamboo, rosacea fanleaf, aureus ananas, nox ananas...) *didn't think naming every seed/plant she had would be polite ^^; *

#100652 - 10/04/07 08:31 PM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: margisama]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Tier 4 plants are special, rare plants that can't be bred from the seeds you start the game with. None of the Magic Plants are Tier 4. The only way to get Tier 4 plants is to buy the extinct seeds, mutate lower-tier plants, or breed them from other Tier 4s.

#100665 - 10/04/07 09:01 PM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: margisama]
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Originally Posted By: margisama
Oh...I have the Isola soil *and* Isola water. But mutation...I've never messed with that. I was hoping for a solution to get the citrus ball cactus (and eventually the fourpetal maple) the old-fashioned way by simple breeding.

It would be easier to breed directly for the Fourpetal Maple without trying first for the Citrus Ball Cactus (if you had it, it would help, but it isn't necessary.)

If you had a Citrus Maple, it would also be a an easy one generation cross.

However, from Citrus Maranta & Bluestar Ball Cactus (the other plants you listed won't help in this case, sorry):

1. Citrus Maranta x Bluestar Ball Cactus = Fragrant Maple
  2. Frgrant Maranta x Bluestar Ball Cactus = Viola Pipe Cactus
  3. Viola Pipe Cactus x Bluestar Ball Cactus = Rosaceae Pear Cactus
  4. Rosaceae Pear Cactus x Viola Pipe Cactus = Viola Pear Cactus
  5. Viola Pear Cactus x Citrus Maranta = Fourpetal Maple

Edited by sfrose (10/04/07 09:02 PM)

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#100751 - 10/05/07 04:09 AM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: LadyCFII]
pianoplayer Offline

Loc: USA
People who visit the nursery want purple roses. How the heck do you get purple ones? I've crossed everything I can think of, but all I get are pink ones and blue ones. Any help would be greatly appreciated. What a great game! I've been playing over 600 hours and still only have a little over 300 of the plants! I may have to play forever to get them all! THANKS LDW!

#100917 - 10/05/07 09:59 PM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: LadyCFII]
lucas Offline
Guru

Loc: AZ

I need the rare maple oak and the nox orchid but havent been able to find what right plants and my window shop does not give me new seeds to buy can u plaese help

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
NOTE: There is now a guide to breeding all of the Magic Plants in the Guides Section. You can use this thread if you need help making any other plant.

Although there are many excellent breeding guides available in this forum and the Plant Tycoon Guide Section, many people aren't able to use those for various reasons. To help people who can't use the guides, I'm starting this thread for people to use when they need help making a specific plant. Post the name of the plant you're looking for, and people can give you the help you need to make it.

Ava By AR

#100922 - 10/05/07 10:46 PM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: LadyCFII]
lucas Offline
Guru

Need help mekeing a spotted reptans to make a nox orchid also my window shop does not give me new pills to purches why. how can i sped up the time i also need help makeing the Mela rare Oak I tryed everything. These are my last two plants I need but can not figure out how to make them thanks

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
NOTE: There is now a guide to breeding all of the Magic Plants in the Guides Section. You can use this thread if you need help making any other plant.

Although there are many excellent breeding guides available in this forum and the Plant Tycoon Guide Section, many people aren't able to use those for various reasons. To help people who can't use the guides, I'm starting this thread for people to use when they need help making a specific plant. Post the name of the plant you're looking for, and people can give you the help you need to make it.

Ava By AR

#100923 - 10/05/07 10:48 PM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: pianoplayer]
lucas Offline
Guru

I know but I have not been able to figure that out my self so if u find out post it thanks just need the nox orchid and the mela rare oak cant seem to get it The purple roses thanks

Edited by lucas (10/05/07 10:49 PM)

Ava By AR

Page 14 of 39 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 38 39 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter